New Siemens Somatom 32 Installed in Wayne – Low Dose
Medical Park Imaging can save patients up to 50% in costs when they choose our facility instead of a Hospital.
Medical Park Imaging is proud to present the installation of our new 32 slice CT Scanner in Wayne and our 16 slice CT scanner in Denville which allows for .5 mm multi-slice scanning! Newer technology allows our patients to be scanned quickly and more accurately. Not only does it reduce radiation exposure, it detects abnormalities that may not have been seen by conventional CT Scanners. Up-to-date machines allow us to perform an extensive range of studies always giving our patients the most accurate results they deserve.
Medical Park Imaging Performs The Following Studies:
- Chest, Abdominal & Pelvic Imaging
- Head, Brain & Sinus Imaging
- Spinal Imaging
- Bone & Joint Imaging
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring
- Lung Screenings
What to expect during your exam:
- For most CT exams, you will be asked to wear a gown.
- Depending on the exam, the average scan time is usually a couple of minutes but you will need to lie very still for a few seconds and hold your breath as instructed.
- If your doctor requests a contrasted study, you will be required to fast prior to the exam time. Patients who have asthma or any allergies to shellfish or iodine may need to be pre-medicated.
- If your test entails oral contrast, you will have to pick up a prep from our office prior to your exam.